support needed

Moderator: NgalaOnline

Forum rules
These forums are being moderated by Ngala Online. Questions posted will be answered by a Ngala parenting professional. They are open for use to all residents of Australia.

support needed

Postby arohanui » Wed 12 Jan, 2011 2:00 pm

Im feeling exhausted my baby is 4 Months old and has reflux i have 2 other pre school children which keep me busy. I know im needing some time out but dont have alot of support here in Perth.
My biggest stress is lack of sleep due to a very wakeful baby overnight (waking 2houlry), as im not thinking to clearly at times can you please direct me to services where i can get support to help my baby sleep longer periods. I heard you provide a service where i can stay overnight. Thank you.
arohanui

Re: support needed

Postby NgalaOnline » Sun 16 Jan, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi Arohanui

Thank you for your post. It sounds like you are a very busy parent with three small children, and it is very common and normal to find the demands of early parenting exhausting and overwhelming. It is fantastic that you are considering your own needs at this time and reaching out for further support - looking after yourself is very important.

Having a baby that is waking frequently is very exhausting. If you live in Western Australia, Ngala does offer services that may be able to assist you. We can offer support on the Ngala Helpline, longer phone consultations or webcam consultations for rural parents, or centre consultations of up to an hour and a half at our Kensington, Noranda and Rockingham centres. If you are looking for help with settling you might find Ngala's Day Stay service most helpful - this service allows you to come and spend a day at Ngala having support with settling your baby to sleep throughout the day. Attending a Day Stay or having a consultation will make you eligible to be placed on the waiting list for an Overnight Stay if you require further support. Our services, with the exception of helpline, have a means tested fee associated, although Day Stay and Overnight Stay are often covered by private health insurance.

You may also find that you can access support through your local Child Health Nurse. If you would like to discuss your situation further with helpline staff or book in for a Ngala service please contact Ngala on 9368 9368. If you are living in another part of Australia you may find the details of a parenting service in your state in the link contained below in this post's signature.
This information is general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for the personalized assistance that can be received from the Ngala Helpline by telephone.

For families residing in Western Australia you can also contact the
Ngala Helpline
Telephone 9368 9368 or 1800 111 546 for country access
Available 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm
or request a callback online http://www.ngala.com.au/Ngala-and-You/Ngala-Helpline/Contact-Ngala-Helpline-Online

For helplines in other Australian states please follow this link
http://www.ngala.com.au/You-and-Your-Family/Web-Based-Resources
NgalaOnline

Return to Parent Health & Wellbeing