My 2 year old wont sleep through the night

Moderator: NgalaOnline

Forum rules
These forums are being moderated by Ngala Online. Questions posted will be answered by a Ngala parenting professional. They are open for use to all residents of Australia.

My 2 year old wont sleep through the night

Postby Dinkie » Fri 10 Dec, 2010 7:52 pm

My 2 year old still wakes every 2 hours what can I do to help this.
Dinkie

Re: My 2 year old wont sleep through the night

Postby NgalaOnline » Fri 10 Dec, 2010 7:59 pm

Thank you for your question. This is a common concern for many parents around their toddler not sleeping. We have found that there could be several factors that need consideration re toddler sleep. E.g. Changes to household routines; the length of this pattern of behaviour; other family factors; normal developmental changes around nightmares; bedroom lighting and fear of the dark; health of the child; consistency of family routine. Establishing a good bedtime routine that quietens and reassures your child is a good place to start. Looking at what is happening around the waking and resettling of your child should give you an idea of where to pitch your efforts. For a more detailed response we would need more specific information which you can give us in a reply to this forum post.
This information is general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for the personalized assistance that can be received from the Ngala Helpline by telephone.

For families residing in Western Australia you can also contact the
Ngala Helpline
Telephone 9368 9368 or 1800 111 546 for country access
Available 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm
or request a callback online http://www.ngala.com.au/Ngala-and-You/Ngala-Helpline/Contact-Ngala-Helpline-Online

For helplines in other Australian states please follow this link
http://www.ngala.com.au/You-and-Your-Family/Web-Based-Resources
NgalaOnline

Return to Toddlers