Toddler and Baby and Stepchild

Moderator: NgalaOnline

Forum rules
These forums are being moderated by Ngala Online. Questions posted will be answered by a Ngala parenting professional. They are open for use to all residents of Australia.

Toddler and Baby and Stepchild

Postby eraina » Wed 22 May, 2013 11:16 pm

Hi,
I am Mum to a 2 year old and a 10 month old. I am also step mum to a 9 year old who is a very big handful (causing a great deal of friction within the house). And a small home owned business to run.
I am finding that I am really struggling with sleep habits. It seems that as one finally gets to sleep the other wakes. Toddler is getting back molars at the moment and 10 month old is getting top teeth(already has the bottom two).
I am starting to find it is really starting to affect my sleep patterns now too...being one very over tired mum. :(
Are there any suggestions I could implement for the bubs to have a better sleep (and their mum too)
Thank you
eraina

Re: Toddler and Baby and Stepchild

Postby NgalaOnline » Thu 23 May, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi Eraina

Thank you for your post. It does sound like you are a busy mum with lots on your plate, and disrupted sleep can certainly be frustrating and draining. To be able to answer your question I do need some more information surrounding the sleep issues your children are experiencing. If you could provide information about how your children are falling to sleep, how frequently they are awaking overnight, and what they are requiring to be able to resettle in the night this information would be helpful. Information about how long their frequent waking has been occuring would also be of assistance. Alternatively you might find it preferable to ring the helpline where you can have a back and forth conversation and receive a more indepth response.

I hope that Ngala is able to help you with your sleep issues shortly.
This information is general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for the personalized assistance that can be received from the Ngala Helpline by telephone.

For families residing in Western Australia you can also contact the
Ngala Helpline
Telephone 9368 9368 or 1800 111 546 for country access
Available 7 days a week, 8am to 8pm
or request a callback online http://www.ngala.com.au/Ngala-and-You/Ngala-Helpline/Contact-Ngala-Helpline-Online

For helplines in other Australian states please follow this link
http://www.ngala.com.au/You-and-Your-Family/Web-Based-Resources
NgalaOnline

Return to Toddlers