20 month old waking at 4am

Forum rules
Posts left here WILL NOT get a response from Ngala Online. To receive a response from Ngala, please join the My Ngala club and post your questions in the My Ngala Club Questions and Answers section.

20 month old waking at 4am

Postby clarenbea » Tue 04 Mar, 2014 9:14 am

My 20 month old has been sleeping from 7pm to 5am since she was around a year old. She still has two sleeps during the day.
We were trialing her having just one day sleep, but she was very overtired by bed time, and having awful tantrums. This also coincided with having a new baby, so we decided to stick to two sleeps again to maintain her routine in the midst of all the change.
For the last two weeks (our baby is a month old now) she has been waking at 4 am every morning. We're not sure if this is related to the new baby (separation anxiety, or being woken up) or a transitioning sleep routine - or both? My partner has been lying on a mattress next to her cot every morning so she goes back to sleep - at least until 5.30am.
We're pretty tired with the combination of this and a newborn, and wondering if have you have any ideas on strategies to try?
clarenbea

Return to Toddlers